Announcing the 2nd Annual Neuqua Carnival!
Friday, 7/15 - Sunday, 7/17 in Neuqua Parking Lot!
Special Needs Only Hours on Saturday, 7/16 from 11-1, with no loud music or blinking lights.
Proceeds benefit your Neuqua Athletic Boosters!
See attached flyer for more details.
Friday, June 3, 2016
INDIAN PRAIRIE COMMUNITY UNIT SCHOOL DISTRICT #204
Ismael Carrizales, K-12 Grounds Manager
c/o Indian Prairie School District 204
3003 West 103rd Street
Naperville, IL 60564
Dear Parent, Guardian or Staff Member:
Public Acts 91-0099 and 91-0525 mandate Integrated Pest Management (IPM) for Illinois public schools. IPM manages pest damage with the least possible hazard to people, property, and the environment; including judicious use of pesticides. In this context, “pesticide” includes insecticide, herbicide, rodenticide, and fungicide.
IPM provides parents/guardians or staff members with prior notice of herbicide application.
- Please be aware that on (Friday June 03, and Monday 06, 2016), weather permitting, a weed control application will applied to all common ground turf areas and athletic Baseball fields at (Neuqua Valley High School and Birkett Freshman Center). This application (Stonewall) will be a “Pre-Emergent Weed control”.
- Please be aware that on (Tuesday, June 07, 2016), weather permitting, a weed control application (Pond Dye Aquashade, Cutrine Plus & Diquat SPC 2L) will be applied to the Lake and Shoreline at Neuqua Valley High School.
- Please be aware that on (Thursday June 09 and Friday June 10, 2016), weather permitting, a weed control application will applied to the mulched areas including the courtyards, fenced areas, fence lines (athletic fields) and bleacher pads at (Neuqua Valley High School). This application will be a “Post-Emergent and Spot Treatment”.
- Please be aware that on (Tuesday, June 28, 2016), weather permitting, a weed control application (Pond Dye Aquashade, Cutrine Plus & Diquat SPC 2L) will be applied to the Lake and Shoreline at Neuqua Valley High School.
We match herbicide and application procedures to our school environment. All are approved for school use and are an important part of buildings and grounds maintenance. Typically, this application will not present a health concern to students or staff. However, it is the intent of IPM to allow those with special sensitivity to take appropriate precautions: in the case of children, as determined by a parent or guardian.
If you have further questions, please call my office at (630)428-6580.
Indian Prairie School District #204
Thursday, June 2, 2016
Dear Wildcat families:
The NVHS Guidance Department would like to thank you for your partnership and share some important information with you as we complete the 2015-16 school year and prepare for 2016-17:
Summer Guidance Department Hours
Summer hours are now in effect. Our offices are open Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Meetings with counselors are by appointment only. If you have a question or need to schedule an appointment, please call the NVHS main switchboard at 630.428.6000, and you will be transferred to a Guidance team member who can assist you.
Semester 2 report cards will be viewable and printable in Home Access Center (HAC) from June 6th at 12:00 p.m. through June 23rd. If you need a printed report card for insurance discounts or personal record keeping, please remember to do so during this timeframe. Reports cards are available until June 23rd when our student information system is rolled over to the 16-17 school year.
Class of 2016: Final Transcripts
Congratulations to our graduates! Senior transcripts will be viewable in HAC this week. Final transcripts will be sent to the school designated on your Senior Checkout form. Transcripts for Class of 2016 are available through June 23rd in Home Access Center.
Access Naviance over the summer for college & career planning. Log in as a guest or use your student login. Student logins will be good until the end of the summer. Class of 2017 students are encouraged to access Naviance to research colleges and scholarships for senior college applications. All students are encouraged to log in to Naviance and access the Career tab to explore potential careers and career clusters. The Career Interest Profiler is a great tool for future planning.
Class of 2017: College Application Processing and Transcripts
Over the summer, please review your transcript in HAC. If there are any errors or questions, email your counselor. The Class House of 2017 will accept college applications and transcript requests beginning Thursday, September 1, 2016 for college acceptance in Fall 2017. According to the National Association of College Admissions Counseling (NACAC), colleges and universities are discouraged from beginning the application process prior to September 1st each year. Neuqua Valley High School follows the recommendations of this national organization. Please understand we are not staffed to process applications during the summer months. Detailed information about the college application process will be available for students and parents at Senior College Information Night Wednesday, August 24th at 6:30 p.m. (A-L) or 8:00 p.m. (M-Z) in the NV Main Auditorium.
Class Schedules for 2016-17
The window to request course changes for next year closed May 27th. The Guidance Department will work during the summer to prepare final schedules for the 2016-17 school year. Look for an announcement in mid-August about obtaining your finalized schedule.
Registration for 2016-17
In order to complete registration for next school year, you must complete both the online verification and paper portion of registration. Failure to complete both steps by the deadline may result in the loss of your son or daughter’s class schedule from our system. Thank you for attending to the following steps:
- Students who are currently enrolled have received registration packets for the 2016-17 school year. The return date requested was Monday, June 6th. If you did not receive a packet in the mail or if you lost your packet, you must bring the required proofs of residency to your Class House.
- Log in to Home Access Center using the parent (NOT student) login. Please review the detailed instructions for completing online verification. Online verification will not be available during rollover (June 23rd through July 5th).
New to District 204?
If you are new to District 204 and plan to enroll at NVHS, call 630.428.6000 for an appointment. Important information about registration is available on the IPSD website. Please note the proof of residency requirements. Appointments to register freshmen will be available in July and August; appointments for sophomores through seniors will be available in August.
Best wishes to the Class of 2016 as they begin their post-high school journey. It has been our pleasure to serve you. We are looking forward to the 2016-17 school year and to continuing our partnership with students and families. Please watch our website for a calendar of upcoming events. Best wishes to you for a wonderful summer!
Director of Guidance
Neuqua Valley High School
2360 95th Street
Naperville, IL 60564