In an effort to increase awareness of responsible citizenship, KidsMatter has partnered together with School Districts 203 & 204, the Naperville Police Department, and NaperBridge to offer students the opportunity to participate in a video project.Digital Footprint Video Contest Students will complete a video submitted to either Mr. John David Son, Director of Instructional Technology for District 203, or Dr. Stacey Gonzales, Director of Instructional Technology for District 204, of 30 seconds to 2 minutes in length. The content of the video should address one of the seven domains of the Illinois Internet Safety Act and include the student’s name, school, and grade level.
7 Domains of Illinois Internet Safety Act
- Safe and responsible use of the Internet
- Recognizing, avoiding and reporting online solicitations
- Risks of transmitting personal information on the Internet
- Recognizing and avoiding unsolicited or deceptive online communication
- Recognizing and reporting online harassment and cyber-bullying
- Reporting illegal online activities and communications
- Understanding copyright laws on written materials, photographs, music and video
Click here for submission instructions and more information.